Wig Measuring Guide
HOW TO MEASURE YOUR HEAD
** Please note it is not necessary to measure your head to purchase a lace wig. We also have average sizes available in small, medium, & large. Customized measurements are for clients who have problems in the past with wearing general caps sizes & are looking for a different fit that is not available with stock sizes. Please note that our general cap sizes work for about 95% of our clients & are highly recommended.**
We are able to provide you with custom made lace front wigs that are customized for you.
Below you will find a diagram that has the measurements needed to construct you a custom cap.
*Wig Size Info*
To determine your correct wig size:
When measuring, DO NOT pull tape measure - pulling stretches the tape measure will give you an incorrect size.
1) HEAD CIRCUMFERENCE This measures the distance around your head. Starting at the center of the front hairline, place the tape flat against your head, going just above the ear towards the back of the head, keeping the tape at the nape of your neck and go around to the opposite side of your head, just above the opposite ear and returning to the center of the front hairline.
2) FRONT TO NAPE OF NECK This measures the length of your head from the front to the nape of your neck. To determine where the nape of your neck is, tilt your head back and look up. Where your neck bends and may even develop a skin fold, is where your nape is. You want the bottom of the wig to sit right above this area so that when you do tilt your head back that far, your wig will not shift on your head. This area is often right at the occipital bone, but be sure to take the measurement with your neck bent down so that you are looking at your shoes. Starting at the front hairline, measure directly across the middle top of your head to the area that you have determined is your nape.
3) EAR TO EAR - ACROSS THE FOREHEAD This measurement measures the width of your forehead. Place tape at the point on your hairline next to your ear. And measure across the forehead to the opposite side stopping at the hairline near your ear.
4) EAR TO EAR - Over the Top This measurement measures the width of the center of your head. Place tape at the point on your hairline next to your ear. And measure across the crown of head to the opposite side stopping at the hairline near your ear.
5) TEMPLE TO TEMPLE - ACROSS THE BACK OF HEAD This measure the width of the back of your head. Place tape at the temples on your hairline and then measure across the middle back of the head to the opposite side temple, stopping at the hairline.
6) NAPE OF NECK This measures the width of your neck. Place tape at the lowest point on the your hairline and measure across the neck to the opposite side
*** To see if you are taking your measurements correctly, below are the average measurements for different women heads ***
the normal average measurement for the wigs
A , small cap 21"--13"-11.5"--11.5"---13"--4"
B. medium cap 22"--13.5"--12"--12"-14"--4.5"
C . large cap 23"-- 14"--12.5"--12.5"--15"--5"
D. extra large 24"---14.5"--13"--13"--16"-5"